connection with your participation in a research study. All content, features, and services provided through the website are collectively called the “Services” throughout these Terms. The Site is intended to facilitate the provision of the Services to eligible users.
1. Agreement to Terms. By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these Terms, do not use the Services.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ARBITRATION: WHEN YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS YOU ARE AGREEING (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND ENDURING, INC. (“ENDURING”, “WE”, OR “US”) THROUGH BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY SECTION 15 “DISPUTE RESOLUTION” BELOW FOR DETAILS REGARDING ARBITRATION (INCLUDING THE PROCEDURE TO OPT-OUT OF ARBITRATION).
3. Changes to Terms or Services. We may update the Terms at any time, at our sole discretion. If you continue to use the Services after we have posted updated Terms, you are agreeing to be bound by the updated Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by the updated Terms, then, except as otherwise provided in Section 15(f) “Effect of Changes on Arbitration,” you may not use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
4. Who May Use the Services? In order to qualify to use the Services, you must:
a. Be 18 years or older and capable of forming a binding contract with Enduring and are not barred from using the Services under applicable law.
b. Live in a state where we operate (depending on the type of services).
5. Feedback. We welcome feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You can submit Feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You grant to us a nonexclusive, transferable, worldwide,
perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free license, with the right to sub license, under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
6. Content Ownership, Responsibility, and Removal.
a. Definitions. For purposes of these Terms: (i) “Content” means data, text, images, audio, video, information, or other materials that are generated, provided, or otherwise made available through the Services; and (ii) “User
Content” means any Content that account holders (including you) upload or make available through the Services.
b. Our Content Ownership. Enduring does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Subject to the
foregoing, Enduring and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services and Content
are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries, where applicable.
c. Rights in User Content Granted by You. By making any User Content available through the Services you hereby grant to Enduring a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free license, with the right to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, and distribute your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Services.
d. Your Responsibility for User Content. You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you own all your User Content or you have all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your
User Content under these Terms. You also represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Services, nor any use of your User Content by
Enduring on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
7. General Prohibitions. You agree not to use the Services or Content for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of yourself or any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms. Although we are not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time
and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
8. Links to Third Party Websites or Resources. The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
10. Warranty Disclaimers. THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content. To the fullest extent of applicable law, neither Enduring nor its related persons will be liable for any loss or damage caused
by your reliance on information obtained through the Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability or usefulness of the sites. Furthermore, Enduring does not guarantee that the sites will be uninterrupted, or free from error, defect, loss, delay in operation, corruption, cyberattack, viruses,
interference, hacking, malware, or other security intrusion, and Enduring disclaims any liability relating thereto.
You understand and agree that any content, material and/or information obtained through the use of the Site are used at your sole risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer or mobile phone or loss of data that results from the download of such content, material and/or information.
11. Clinical Disclaimer. The Site does not provide any medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or other clinical decisions, suggestions or judgments. The Services and Content are not a substitute for the competent analysis and professional judgment of health care professionals. Use of the Services is not for emergency situations. In the event of an emergency, please dial 911. If you need urgent care, please contact your provider by telephone or in person or visit an urgent care center.
12. Indemnity. You will indemnify and hold harmless Enduring and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Services or Content, (ii) your User Content, or (iii) your violation of these Terms.
13. Limitation of Liability.
a. NEITHER ENDURING NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, LOST SAVINGS, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT
ENDURING OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
b. IN NO EVENT WILL ENDURING’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO ENDURING FOR USE OF THE SERVICES OR CONTENT OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), IF YOU HAVE NOT
HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO ENDURING, AS APPLICABLE.
c. THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN ENDURING AND YOU.
14. Governing Law and Forum Choice. These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law, and the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in Section 15 “Dispute Resolution,” the exclusive jurisdiction for all Disputes (defined below) that you and Enduring are not required to arbitrate will be the state and federal courts located in the State of California, and you and Enduring each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
15. Dispute Resolution.
a. Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes. We each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the
Services or Content (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and Enduring agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms, and that you and Enduring are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms.
b. Exceptions and Opt-out. As limited exceptions to Section 15(a) above: (i) you may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to
prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights. In addition, you will retain the right to opt-out of arbitration entirely and litigate any Dispute if you provide us with written notice of your
desire to do so by email at email@example.com or by regular mail at 444 8th St, San Francisco, CA 94103 within thirty (30) days following the date you first agree to these Terms.
c. Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by
these Terms. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778- 7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified
in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org. If your claim is for U.S. $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to
the arbitrator, through a telephonic or video-conference hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds U.S. $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Any
arbitration hearings will take place in the state and federal courts located in the State of California unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to decide all
issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and scope of this arbitration agreement.
d. Arbitration Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. We’ll pay for all filing, administration and arbitrator fees and expenses if your Dispute is for less than $10,000, unless
the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees
and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.
e. Class Action Waiver. YOU AND ENDURING AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person's claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution section shall be null and void.
f. Effect of Changes on Arbitration. Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 3 “Changes to Terms or Services” above, if Enduring changes any of the terms of this Section 15 “Dispute Resolution” after the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice (including by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated” date above or in the date of Enduring’s email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and Enduring in accordance with the terms of this Section 15 “Dispute Resolution” as of the date you first accepted these Terms (or
accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms).
g. Severability. With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 15(e) of these Terms ("Class Action Waiver"), if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable,
the other parts of these Terms will still apply.
16. General Terms.
a. Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Enduring and you regarding the Services and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Enduring and you regarding the Services and Content. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Enduring’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null. Enduring may freely assign or
transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
b. Notices. Any notices or other communications provided by Enduring under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given by posting to the Services.
c. Waiver of Rights. Enduring’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a
duly authorized representative of Enduring. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or
17. Contact Information. If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact Enduring at email@example.com.